Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hummus is What's For Dinner

Tonight's dinner was FANTASTIC!!! There was no cooking involved only grilling of the Naan. I love hummus and I have a couple different recipes I use, both very easy and simple. I didn't measure so everything is an "about". Also, I used canned chickpeas this time, I really wanted hummus and didn't have any dried chickpeas.





Hummus Recipe:
1 can Chickpeas
1 garlic clove
1/4 onion
olive oil
water
lime juice from 1/2 a lime
salt
I started by adding garlic and onion to the food prosseser and pulsed a couple times. Then I added the chickpeas, salt and oil then blended. While the prossesor was still running I added water, little bit at a time. I stopped a couple times to check consistancy and flavor. Then I scraped the hummus into a pretty bowl and placed it into the fridge to chill and frim up a little bit. 
I served with the hummus:
Naan grilled on the George Foreman grill
Apples slices
 Cauliflower, broccoli, celery, mini red, yellow and orange peppers
 Aged 24 month extra sharp cheddar cheese and spiced mix nuts.
I wanted to pack everything up and have dinner over at Betty Stradling Park but Hubby had plans last night and tonight so it was a night in forthe kids and me.

1 comment:

Stretch Papa said...

You tried to make your recipe look like an upsidedown girl!! 8-)