Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dinner; Simple and Delicious

I started this blog yesterday, while sick in bed. Today I felt just as bad, maybe even worse. OK, definitely worse! Hubby bought and made hot dogs and mac n cheese for him and the kids. (Thank you!!)
I made soup for me. (I know he would have made it for me if I had asked.) It was very good, I love blended soups. I don’t have a name for this, maybe “Blended Cauliflower Chicken Soup” or “Silky, Smooth Cauliflower Chicken Soup”?
I cooked about 8 oz cauliflower in ½ cup chicken broth until soft.  Add more broth if needed.
Add cooked cauliflower and broth to a blender with cooked chicken breast, about 3-4 oz and blend until smooth. I also added salt, white pepper, and garlic powder then blend again. It's thick, kinda like potatoes, you can thin it with more broth if you'd like. Also you can add baked potato toppings if you like. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

bethimus said...

I made a cauliflower soup today that was TERRIBLE... Chicken stock, steamed cauliflower, red onion, garlic and a pinch of bacon grease. We threw it away because it tasted so bad. This one sounds much better. Live and learn.