Monday, February 21, 2011

Fishy

My daughter has been asking for a year for us to buy her a fish. We originally told her to keep her room clean for three weeks and we would talk about it. A year later and she still doesn't have a fish. We told her a few days ago that if she now keeps her room clean we will get her a fish. Sigh, it looks like she might get that fish after all. Motivation!!
I'm a little intimidated to have a fish. I think I'm afraid for it to die and her heart breaking over it. I had a gold fish when I was a kid and it died right away. (They don't like Kool-Aid in their bowl, just so you know) I guess I'll make sure she doesn't put sugary powder in for it to drink and maybe it will last more then a day.
Now here I am trying to figure out which fish (cold water, tropical, salt water...) and tank is best for her, me and the wallet. I didn't realize all the stuff that is needed up front.
Also, do we get one fish, many fish, different kinds of fish... someone. please. help.
"What's the big deal, it's just a fish" but it's not a fish, it's her heart, her desire, her motivation, her reward. This fish has become a big deal, it needs to be good.

No comments: