Sunday, August 21, 2011

From Smith & Wesson to Canon

   Last night, Saturday, Jacob and I went out for a night on the town!! WhooHoo!
   First, we had a voucher from livingsocial.com for "One-Hour Gun Range Rental for Two with Handgun Rental, Targets, Two Rental Sets of Eye and Ear Protection, Two T-Shirts, and 50-Piece Box of Ammunition from National Armory Gun Store & Gun Range". It was my first time shooting a gun, it was very intimidating. Can't wait to go back!
   I didn't know what to expect my first time pulling the trigger. I knew it wasn't going to be anything like in the movies but other then that, I really didn't have another frame of reference. It was terrifying, shocking, exciting. I pulled the trigger, there was a blast of fire, there was a shock wave, there was a rush, a high, there was no hole in the target!!! WHAT!!! How did I miss the target that was standing 10 feet away from me?!?!
   "Oh, you have to line the back thingy up with the front thingy. Now I got it." Bang. Bang. Bang...
   I think I did OK for my first time, I will definitely be going back.




We left the gun range and drove to Lefty's Tavern and Grill in Coral Springs to hear a great band, Shakey T. They were awesome!!! It was a great night and the music was fantastic. If you are local and you want to have a good night with great music you need to check out Shakey T. https://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=143103869110187


I put down the Smith & Wesson and picked up the Canon ;o)




  

1 comment:

Stretch Papa said...

I'm glad you took time to take a photo of the drummer. 8-)
They're always left out.