Thursday, August 25, 2011

   Over the past couple of days my friend, Beth, and I have been busy working on tops for our daughters. I have one and she has three. She did all of the sewing and I was her helper. I did the cutting and ironing.
   I found a couple pillow cases at Ikea for $2 each. Beth had some white fabric for lining but we ran out so she bought some extra white fabric and some trim for the ties. Plus, she had the beautiful lace that's at the bottom of the top. I think we figured about $12 total for 5 tops. (Not including to price of the pattern.)
   Why 5 tops for 4 girls? Well, we may have cut the first dress way to small for the youngest. Oops.
   I bought the pattern from SewSensible. http://www.etsy.com/listing/15306278/tween-teen-two-sewing-pattern-collection We had to do some adjusting to get the right width but the length was perfect. The sizes are from 7-16 plus so with a little math we (Beth) altered it for the youngest, who is 2.


  
  



    (I took the pictures with my cell phone. My husband has been using my camera for work because he broke two just weeks from each other! Hopefully, by using my expensive camera, he will be a little more careful.)

No comments: