Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Toddler Falls 30 Feet (He survives)

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-20110822-toddler-fall,0,5598036.story

   Oh my gosh, this happened to me at the county fair when I was a kid. I wasn't a toddler, I think I was in kindergarten. We were at the very top of the bleachers watching the demolition derby. When it was over we got up to leave. I reached for my moms hand and fell right through and landed on my back.
  There were cross bars and beer bottles all over the place. I still think it's a miracle I didn't hit or land on anything. I remember being in pain, scared and having the wind knocked out of me. I couldn't move, my mom was by my side in no time. She was just as scared as me.
   An ambulance came, a paramedic checked to see if I could move my head and arms, I could. She looked in my eyes with her light then carried me over to the ambulance. I squeezed her fingers and fallowed them with my eyes.
   After what seemed like forever, the paramedic said I was fine, I don't think my mother was, though, and I was able to enjoy the rest of my time at the fair.
   I am so happy that this little boy, Brady, only fractured his arm. I hope he recovers quickly and is able to get back to his playing. I also hope his mom doesn't get plagued with nightmares.

No comments: