Thursday, March 17, 2011

Today is one of those days

  I love writing little stories about how perfect my family is and how well behaved my children are (LOL, are you LOL, too)  and about how thankful I am for everything BUT today is just one of those days.
  Two kids are in the kitchen playing, I mean doing the dishes. One of them is 5 and needs the 11 year old to look after him so he actually does the work. The 11 y/o leaves the kitchen to wrestle with the other 11 y/o while the 5 y/o swings a mixing spoon in the air like a sword.
  "What are you doing" I hear you asking me. I'm sitting with the 9 y/o trying to get her to do her school work. She's protesting.
  I shout for the 11 y/o to get back into the kitchen and the 5 y/o to do his job. I tell the other 11 y/o to find something to do other then walk around the house snapping his fingers and the 9 y/o to get back to work.
  "Get out of the kitchen and stop distracting you brothers" I tell that other 11 y/o who was snapping.
  The 9 y/o sneezes and sneezes a couple more times, I tell her to go wash her hands. I turn around and she is messing with her brothers in the kitchen. "Get out of the kitchen and wash your hands in the bathroom" I calmly say to her. Right. I shout and scream and jump up and down like a monkey. (OK, not that bad, but I felt like it)
 While waiting for the 9 y/o to come back from washing hands I hear guitar strums and paper rustling and another bang against the wall. "Get out here and finish your school" I say to one child.
  "Is the counter cleared off and the floor swept?" I say to a couple more children.
  The last child is doing what he should be doing so I don't have to say anything to him, for now, woohoo!!
  Great, I lost the 9 y/o again. She said she was going to the bathroom but somehow ended up back in her brothers' room. "Did you finish your page yet" I ask
  Her-  "No"
  Me-  "You need to finish"
  Her-  "Your the meanest mom ever"
  Me-  "I don't have a trophy"
  Her-  "You didn't enter any stupid contest"
  Me-   "I'll look for one."
Sigh, it's only 10:30. I really hope the day gets better.
(Update, 10:32: she pickes up her school book and is doing her work!! )

3 comments:

Stretch Papa said...

"I don't have a trophy" LOLOLOLOOL

Lisa Lease said...

Hahahaha I love this! :)

bethimus said...

Best comeback EVER: 'I don't have a trophy'

(Do you need me to give you a trophy for the best comeback ever? Cause I can if I have to. *grin*)