Thursday, March 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Little Guy

  Six years ago I packed our 3 kids into our little station wagon. I squeezed myself into the passenger side and my husband took the driver's position. We dropped those three sweet little people off at my friend's house and drove away, after a bunch of hugs and kisses. This was the last time we would be a family of five.
  We were on our way to the hospital to meet our newest member who was growing rapidly in my belly. My doctor stressed that the baby had grown to large for me to deliver naturally. I trust my doctor, so we decided that a C-section was the best option. I was sad but it was the best decision.
  Anyway, on the way to the hospital our little teal station wagon broke down. Maybe it was the added stress of my colossal belly. I was trying to stay calm, I had been laboring for a few days and I really didn't want to deliver in the car.
  We drive at a snail's pace to the hospital and made it with time to spare. Thankfully we planned on getting there extra early. I was hooked up to all the wires and tubes and by early afternoon I was meeting my baby boy, all 9 pounds 15 ounces of him!! I'm so thankful he was a part of our family now and I was so thankful I had a C-section!! Yikes! 
  Nothing else happened, everything was good. The car was fixed, my baby was healthy and my kids looked enormous, I think they grew at least 3 inches while I was in the hospital. I even got to go home Saturday night, before Easter.
Happy Birthday to my sweet little guy!! <3 You have helped to make these past 6 years a joy.

No comments: