Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Beer: It's Whats For Dinner

   Jakey is 8 years old and in his "picky food" stage. This morning he yells out "I want meatloaf" because he loved the meatloaf I made last night so much he had 2 helpings. I didn't make a normal meatloaf.
   Hubby makes fun of me because I'm always changing recipes, even if I've never made it before I will most likely change it. I will use what I have instead of shopping for more stuff if I think the recipe will be fine without it.
    The recipe for the meatloaf called for the normal ingredients; bread crumbs, milk, seasonings, egg... but instead of milk I added 1 cup of beer and Worcestershire. Instead of an egg (because I didn't have an egg) I added shredded cheddar cheese.It doesn't taste heavy with beer in fact, it had a good meaty flavor and was super moist. I don't drink beer, I hate it's taste but I do love it in recipes.

   I didn't take any pictures because I didn't think I would blogg about it until Jakey yelled for it this morning. Yay me! I'm so happy I found something he likes.

No comments: