Wednesday, November 9, 2011

His Gifts to Me

It was this time last year when I was getting into the spirit of thanksgiving. I do this every year and I tell myself to remember to be thankful through out the year. That flies out the window by the time New Years has passed. Last year was different. I started writing things down when they popped in my head and left facebook status up dates about things I was thankful for.
   Not long after starting this a friend gave me a book about this very subject, a coincidence, I don't think so. One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. This is a book about her life and how she struggled and how God taught her to see the gifts in life. What I liked about it was I didn't feel like I was being lectured.
   Anyway, I started making more of an effort to write things down when they happen. I have a note pad app on my phone that I list my gifts, blessings an moments. I was blown away when I read through them the other day. I had forgotten many of them and was so thankful as I was reading through that I had written/typed them down. They are truly gifts from God and I felt like the wealthiest woman in the world when I was reading them.

No comments: