Sunday, May 6, 2012

Bell Pepper Pizza

I was inspired by this recipe I found on Pinterest

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2010/08/recipe-for-grilled-zucchini-pizza.html

Bell Peppers (red, yellow and orange)
Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
Pepperoni

  First I cut the bell peppers on either side of the stem leaving the middle section to use elsewhere. The pepper sides were kinda like shells. I placed the shells on a cookie sheet, lined with foil, skin side up and broiled them until they looked good to me (a little bubbling and a little black). I, then, flipped the shells over and filled them with mozzarella cheese and topped each one with a pepperoni. I popped the pan back into the oven, under the broiler and checked every minute or so until the cheese was melted and a little brown.
  These were a big hit with my family. I think next time I might add some fresh diced tomatoes and basil next time.

No comments: